As the end of the school season approaches more families are anxious to book their move dates with a van line. As such, time is of the essence if you want a guaranteed reservation this summer for your pack and load dates! May was National Moving Month, so as we enter June some movers have established blackout dates for certain states. At American Relocation Connections (ARC) we always caution all of our clients about peak season in the moving industry and they are always appreciative. This time we wanted to write a blog about it and warn the world!
Mariah Potter, from Olympia Moving and Storage suggested that, “Shippers should initiate the process as early as possible. This summer will see unprecedented demand coupled with diminished capacity within the relocation industry. Make sure that you schedule your move as early as possible to ensure availability.”
Over 36 million Americans relocated in 2012 and the 2013 moving season is expected to be even busier!
With that being said, the following are some suggestions on how best to work with moving companies in your market.
- Consider investigating two to three alternatives.
- There are a number of uninsured movers in every market and you need to be aware of the potential risks of arbitrarily finding a mover on the web.
- One of the perks of going with ARC is a guaranteed reservation status on all of our moves through the nation’s largest move lines included but not limited to: United Van Lines, Allied Van Lines, Atlas Van Lines and Wheaton Van Lines. – ARC has NEVER had a move bumped!
- Initiate the process as early as possible. This summer has seen unprecedented demand coupled with diminished capacity within the relocation industry. Make sure that you schedule your move as early as possible to ensure availability.
- If possible, visit the facilities of the companies being considered. This approach is very revealing and provides a lot of insight into the nature of the organization with which you would be working.
- If you are doing your own packing, create a move plan and adhere to a packing schedule.
- Avoid surprises. Communication, preparation and planning are the hallmarks of a successful relocation. Keep the movers fully apprised of their progress as they get ready for moving day.
In light of the myriad of issues associated with buying and selling a home; selecting a mover is often relegated to the bottom of the priority list. Given the potential implications however, this is a decision that should not be taken lightly. By explaining the process to the customer on the front end, and leveraging your experience, you can help to ensure a positive transition and create future referrals.
So if we saved just one person from missing the boat (or in this case missing the moving truck) – we’ve done our job! Like our slogan says…
“Relocation is hard. We make it EASY!”
**To book your household goods move today go to www.ARCRelocation.com or call us toll free at 866-697-3561″ **