This page offers Relocation Policy Benchmarking and an Example Relocation Policy Library for HR professionals. In an industry constantly evolving to meet today’s challenges, HR professionals are asking more than ever, “what is a relocation policy”, “why have a relocation policy”, and “how to write a relocation policy”?
Our experts are used by HR professional for benchmarking and for an example relocation policy that they can adapt. ARC relocation receives the industry’s highest awards for customer service and has earned the reputation as an industry leader among global relocation companies.
One of the most popular services that ARC offers is assistance with relocation policy benchmarking and customizing a current relocation policy to best fit a client’s needs. A rare advantage that ARC offers to clients is relocation policy benchmarking from hundreds of example policies across every industry. ARC hosts and attends, industry conferences and sessions to bring our clients the latest updates and industry best practices. We also provide relocation services to many of the government agencies that regulate real estate, tax and international moves. Accordingly, ARC has become a certified expert on the rules and regulations and how they must apply to policy.
Our team has data that we share with clients on the most common relocation benefits offered. For this reason, policies are grouped by industry, relocation type and by employee level. Our clients can also view reports on average costs, average time metrics and the most common relocation policy exceptions. To be sent a copy of this information please CONTACT ARC today!
To view example relocation policies please view below.
Why do companies have a written relocation policy?
The top five reasons that companies have a written relocation policy are:
- Liability – having a written policy will document the company’s program and will act as evidence of policy to document and protect the company in the event of law suits.
- Set expectations – having a written relocation policy sets expectations for the employee and clarifies what benefits the company is and is not offering. Setting clear expectations greatly reduces the likelihood that the relocation will fail.
- Stream lines the process – Having a written relocation policy streamlines the process by providing employees and providers written guidelines to follow and adhere to when relocating.
- Control costs – having a written policy of which services and benefits are covered by the company and which or not controls costs for the employee, employer and various service providers.
- Recruitment / Retention – having written relocation policies aids companies in recruitment and retention efforts by clearly to conveying to talent the benefits the company offers.
Relocation Policy Development
Below are a questions that we ask the client to identify when creating a relocation policy:
- What is the company’s budget?
- What is the intention of the relocation program?
- How will you measure “success” with your relocation program?
- When was the last time you reviewed your relocation policy?
- When was the las time you were provided relocation policy benchmarking, average relocation costs, trending analysis on policy exceptions?
- What are your current relocation program issues?
ARC CAN HELP!
Please contact ARC today to receive:
- Policy Development
- Policy Review
- Industry Benchmarking
- Trend Analysis
Example Relocation Policies
An example relocation policy is a popular request we receive at ARC Relocation. So, we decided to publish example policies as a resource on our site for all HR Professionals to benefit.
ARC has the unique advantage of serving both the US Government and corporations all of the world, and across virtually every industry. This provides us with a large relocation policy library. All of our tools ensure that we provide the best relocation policy benchmarking.
Below are examples of what a relocation policy can and should look like for various relocation situations and employee levels.
We hope that these policies are helpful. Please note that relocation policies should fit the company’s budget and directive. The below are meant as a guide. It is important to identify the company’s concerns, needs, goals and requirements and build a policy to adopt industry best practices around those criteria.
For questions and more information please contact ARC Relocation today.